Keep up to date with the latest news stories from Oldham.
Latest News Stories from Oldham.
- Four men arrested by police investigating robberies where cash machines were blown up using gasArmed police swooped on two stolen cars in Oldham and made arrests
- Man found dead in taxi on Saddleworth Moor Police were called to a layby off Holmfirth Road, not far from Dovestone Reservoir, on Friday morning
- Things to do in Manchester this weekend: February 15 to 17From live gigs to live art installations
- Young school librarian was battered by gang of four thugs on his way to lessons - he's been left terrifiedGreat Aleh broke his wrist after being set upon in Oldham town centre
- If you had to guess what this councillor was waving about at a meeting, would it be a rare dead newt? Thought not... Just read on, it will all make sense
- Girl, 12, taken to hospital with serious injuries after being knocked down outside school The girl was hit by a car as she crossed the road outside Crompton House School in Oldham
- Cold Weather Payments 2019 postcode checker - the areas in Greater Manchester due a payment The cold weather means many postcodes in Greater Manchester are eligible for cold weather payments, when will they be paid?
- There's a massive new problem with Universal Credit - and it needs to be solved before next yearPoliticians say the issue, to do with 2020 being a leap year, could see people fall into rent arrears
- Burglary gang jailed after cigarette raid on Co-op The four men from Oldham sparked a huge police operation after they burgled the convenience store in Hebden Bridge
- The con artist who went on a 10-day crime spree in Market Street and Piccadilly Gardens because 'her job was too hard' Maria Spirache's victims worked hard for their money - in stark contrast to her
- Ineos founder and Brexit-backer Sir Jim Ratcliffe blasts EU over 'stupid' taxes He told President Juncker Europe has the "world's most expensive energy and labour laws that are uninviting for employers"
- More driving fines, public health downgrades and increased burial costs: What budget cuts in Oldham mean for you Over the next two years in Oldham, the authority plans to make £14.4m in cuts from its services, at the loss of 24 full time staff roles.
- Lorry driver in tears as cyclist he left with 'life-changing injuries' turns up at court with this message Mark Philpott wiped away tears as he was told to 'get on with his life'
- The view from Newton Heath after ten years of cuts: 'What can you say? It's just rubbish' "The services are just going down and down. I feel so sorry for people."
- Manchester United legend Paul Scholes on Jose Mourinho, Sir Alex Ferguson and managing Oldham"If I am losing games I'm sure people will be popping up' says the Manchester United legend ahead of his first game in charge of Oldham Athletic.